JS on Rad Canyon- Thurs. June 30th

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

JasonStout
GT

JS on Rad Canyon- Thurs. June 30th

Postby JasonStout » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:03 am

I just rolled in, what a night! I have to get up by 11:00 a.m. to go bike Deer Valley's Chair lift runs, so I'lll make this as long as possible....:)

So, I work on Thursdays. I was running a little late today, as I trained a new guy to work for me. I missed my 7:00 appointment, so I decided to race instead. It was 6:50, and I called Rob, then Dan Patterson, then Ian Elliot, then Rob again, then bev- wrong number, then Dave Williams, then Rob again....
....i honestly thought this was some practical joke- a dang funny one at that. I can just see Rob Anderson with his portible mic saying- "If Jason Stout calls you, don't answer!" Jokes on me- or everyone who's number I have in my phone in the BMX world is busy! (Pass me your number, if you want me to call you the next time I'm late!)

So, i roll in just in time to see the flag lap. I register-okay- so, I was running so late, and you all didn't have to put me in tonight's race, and I know I messed everything up, but thanks!

The ladies running registration were great! They took my money, and went straight to work to get me in the race. No guff, no questions, just action! It was impressive. (If anyone noticed a slight delay getting the races started, that was it- so sorry, and thanks!)

I ended up racing low points with the Oblad brothers! Mike an Bryan smoked me down the first straight in both qualifiers. Mike, don't let anyone give you crap about being a Novice and kicking expert trash!
Keep it up, and you'll turn soon enough!

Just as I was going to race my main, Dave W. came up to me and said, "I just got your message!" I responded...YEAH GUYS, REALLY FUNNY- THE JOKES OVER, DAVE!" He had no idea what I was talking about, it was only then I believed the practical joke never happened.

I HAVE TO SAY TO THE OBLADS.... thank you for racing the 3rd moto. Points were already decided, but Bryan, Mike and I had a 3rd lap for pride. We didn't do a pump race, a show boat race, we did a real throw down what you have left in the tank, all out race! It was worth it- thanks again guys!

So- Heather Allred does it again. She reassembles my bike. I happened to have put the headset bearing upside down- she discovered my mechanical ineptitude (years ago-but found tonight's error soon enough!) Just as the 2nd round finishes up, Ian says, "oh, I have a message....he shortly discovered it was me trying to register!

Thanks again Heathan for your help! Greg P. and I mentioned to each other that, "you can't beat Heathan's deals on product!" We were talking about our newly ordered rhino lites and sun ringles! These wheels are awesome for the price! Dan Patterson also mentioned he was glad I showed up to break up the cruiser class. I guess before I came, we had Rico Robby racing flyin Bryan O. What an age spread. I told Dan to go check his messages!

Donner, and all who worked the corners and the track, thank you!

As always, so much happens at the races. What else about tonight...

It was good to see Carey sans Mitch. I wish him luck training for worlds. It was also nice to see Racin' JJ back at it after his short leave, Bennett Newkirk, cudos for winning tonights battle! Joe- keep after it, and go lift!, Congrats to the the girl who turned "girl" tonight! Lindsey Spencer explained this to me as, a girl who races the boys and wins 8 times turns back into a girl, and gets to race girls, you know, she turned "girl". Anyway, congrats for beatin all the boys and turning girl-girl!

That's all for tonight!
8)

JS

Return to “Race Reports”