RCQ Deseret Peak thoughts.

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

RCQ Deseret Peak thoughts.

Postby bnd » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:14 am

19 moto's I think. Smaller than expected turnout, don't know why. The SCQ Friday night pulled 29 moto's, why is this? Is the RCQers too expensive?

ALOT of faces were missing for this event. I raced cruiser & actually Kelly & I kept Melton in our sites. Fun time racing tonight. Oblad saved a for-sure OTBs in the main. Eglintine slaughtered his class, DW went on another wild ride in his 1st moto, Smith had a great battle with Patterson & came from behind to get it at the line. Alot of people stepped up & volunteered with the running of the race, thanks.

Mike Kelly spent alot of time this week working on the track & it showed. The 2nd turn is now smothed out & you can rail that puppy hard. I talked to Darren about a Fall rebuild for the track instead of waiting 'till April & he said it was a good idea so that might happen.

There was a "Dirt Devil" sighting over at the foothills of the mountains west of the track. It looked alot more like a tornado to me. That sucker was HUGE & scary!

A few Rock Springers made it down & it was nice seeing some familer faces.

Sorry no pics or video, I didn't take either out.

b.

TP
Stud Vet Pro

Postby TP » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:11 am

Hey b,

thanks for keeping us informed !! I am sad I couldn't make it out. I'm working the night shift 6pm to 6am and my relief called in sick this morning so I didn't get to bed until 10 am. So when I got up about 2 pm I was just to tired to make the drive just to go to work again at 6.

Anyway, It sounds like it was a good time, Just a thought on the small turn out. There aren't many points chasers at the moment and if you don't plan on going all the way to Cal for the final why Race? it is a high entry for someone who isn't going to the final and doesn't care about the points. just my .02 I didn't send my boys out because my cousin got married and the wife wanted them there. Now if today was the state race.. well then they would have been there.

Again, thanks for the update !!! see you all next week, TP

Return to “Race Reports”