Friday at the Fair!

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

JasonStout
GT

Friday at the Fair!

Postby JasonStout » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:28 pm

What up Utah!

For a complete report- see Jason Gallo's pics and blog!

I took 6 laps last night. 4 to qualify, and 2 in the main. My first lap was historic- not for me, but for Robby Rico Patterson. Danny and I were swaping paint in the first corner while Robby high-lowed us both. What a great move. Danny commented at the end of the race that it was the "Funnest race he's ever been in!!" He said I elbowed him in the face 3 times in the corners. The second corner was all mud! Someone over watered, and it hadn't dried. Both wheels were slipping all over the place as I was just trying stay up. Danny had the high and dry line so he railed the corner. It payed off-cuz he got the transfer spot, behind his kid brother. This was the first time Robby has beaten Danny and myself in a race! Congrats Robby for an awesome lap.

I qualified second rounds behind Heidi Topham and Jarom.

The main event some crazy racing as well. I got the Patterson Pinch out of the gate. Those guys sure have a great snap! Robby and I were bumping bars the whole first staight. He went flying in the corner and lost his front end. Danny finished a strong high speed lap. He lead start to finish.

Class was crazy! Jarom and I got awesome snaps and raced to the inside cone over the step up. I got weird over the jump and landed sideways taking myself and Jarom off the back of the sweeper in a high speed slid-out and roll! Jason Melton must have seen it coming cuz he just walked into an easy win!

2nd in Cruiser, 3rd in class and a huge smile on my face- Those were the results of a great 2nd night of racing at the Fair!.

JS

Return to “Race Reports”