State Championship Weekend @ RAD Canyon

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

J Gallo
Web Guy

State Championship Weekend @ RAD Canyon

Postby J Gallo » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:58 am

What a great weekend! Full of suspense, intrigue, and the occaisional gate malfunction! Though I didn't ride either Saturday or Sunday, this was a great weekend for me on other levels.

First off, a couple necessary THANK YOU's: to Jason Stout, who helped out by taking over 150 pics on Sunday, including some great non-race pics of riders and their families enjoying the SCF atmosphere.

And I think we all might need to thank my savior on Sunday, Curtis Newkirk. Unfortunately during the flag lap, I missed a great picture of all the teams on the track because the battery in the camera died. I went back to Rob's bag to grab the second battery, but it also was dead. So to the rescue came Curtis, who borrowed me one of his camera batteries so I could finish off the day (which was about 540 pics). So if you enjoyed the pictures from Sunday, Curtis is the one who made that all possible! (Well, except for the 150+ Stout took with my camera since I had a set of fully charged spare AA batteries in my bag :) )

And I can't forget all the tremendous RAD Canyon volunteers who made the SCF races the success they were! From the track, to the snack bar, to the awards presentation, EXCELLENT JOB and THANK YOU!

For me (since I wasn't up for a State Championship), this weekend was all about the pictures. I really tried to get some different shots than normal, and to take as many as possible so I didn't miss anyone. Some of the pictures turned out a little dark, but overall there were alot of great shots this weekend.

A great part of the weekend was seeing some of our injured riders back on the track riding. Jeremiah Fazzio (I cringed when you crashed in the 2nd turn, hope the shoulder is still okay!), Adam Smith and Riley Winn. Colton Dale ended his saturday with an injured shoulder, but looked to be in good spirits on sunday.

Congrats to all out State Champions, and to all our rider running State #'s for next year! Next year will be my last in the 28-35 and 31-35 Cr classes, so I'll be looking for both State #1 plates next year. Look out Ian and Dave, I'm coming for ya! :)
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:28 am

Nope - no thanks to me at all. That would be like thanking the guy who gave the paintbrush to Van Gough or Michealangelo :wink:

You guys did an EXCELLENT job snapping shots! Most of the best shots I have of my kids racing are the ones you take at the track. Thanks Jason for doing such a great job with the photography and with the web site!

Thanks!
~Curtis

Punk-Biker940
GT

Postby Punk-Biker940 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:33 pm

Yeah, Thanks Jason and Jason for taking great photos!!!!

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:33 am

Jason sorry for the camera batterys not being charged.. I normally charge them after you get done using the camers or at least check them, but at least curtis save my behind. well I'm off for the ocean to do some fishing, you guy have a great week and thanks to everyone for the great weekend and remember the 29th of sept. when I get back that we will have a free race for all the utah riders. thanks Robert A.

Return to “Race Reports”