Greg- the moto filler takes a place on the podium!

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

JasonStout
GT

Greg- the moto filler takes a place on the podium!

Postby JasonStout » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:32 am

For those of you who missed it last Sat. night- Greg threw down not one, but 2 tough races!

His qualifier and his main both were barn burners....

I'll leave it to you-Greg- to give the details....

It's all yours Greg!

JS

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:40 pm

Good job Greg!!! Hope you had fun this last weekend!!
Jason
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

greg
2004 36-40 Cruiser State Champ

Postby greg » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:06 am

Thanks for all the props, Jason and Jason.

I did have allot of fun this last weekend at Rad. It was just one of those days.....win, loose, not qualify, whatever....it would have been fun. I was in a great mind set, everyone seemed to be in a joking mood, and I was at RAD CANYON. Perfect day, huh!!

Not many details to give.........I just kicked some A**!!! lol

One thing that has been diferent the last couple races is that I have been moved down to fly with the younger aces. I asked to have someone besides Dan and Matt whup me, and I guess my wish has been granted.

So, the gate drops on the first moto, and I think I was tieing my shoe lace or something........looked up and everyone was gone. Needless to say, i pulled up a nice last place finish (well, I might have caught up with McGuff (?) in the last straight, as I think he stopped and was talking to a track official or something before he crossed the line).

Second moto.........I was psyched.........I had to qualify. I managed to pull off a half way decent start, and found myself in second going into the first turn. All i could think of was not crashing in the rythme (as I had done last week), and keeping a good line to not get passed. I actually held on to second, and made the main.

The SHOW..............again, a decent start...but followed up by a lousy first straight. I began to fall behind the big guns, and was resigned to take my usual place.....last. As the last turn came up, I'm not sure what happened (too far back to get a good view), but Mark Miller and someone else got tangled up and one went down, leaving me to take a nice 3rd.

So, to sum it up, I had a great day of racing. I'm glad a day like this happened. It wasn't really impressive on my part, but it helped. I was kind of on the down swing, loosing some excitement, and it is just amazing how a couple of fun hours will re-motivate you.

I'M BACK, BABY!!
Greg "how long does it take you to crash" prawitt

TP

Postby TP » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:23 pm

Greg,

great job man!!! keep it up!! I'll see you and Spencer this weekend. I'll come get the high five. TP

greg
2004 36-40 Cruiser State Champ

Postby greg » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:58 am

Thanks TP!!
Greg "how long does it take you to crash" prawitt

rob

Postby rob » Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:23 am

Greg you've been looking great this year :D must be all the training you've done. your racing has really improved this year and it looks like you have new energy.

Return to “Race Reports”