Sad news to announce...

Any topic you want. Put your suit on and enjoy the bubbles. Just don't make your own!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

justinsbmxmom
SE Floval Flyer

Sad news to announce...

Postby justinsbmxmom » Wed May 02, 2007 10:09 am

My little green toaster....it's toast. I was returning home from Idaho after dropping Justin off with my sister. It was 9:30 and dark outside. From out of no where, a deer jumped out in front of me. I had no time to stop. I broad sided the deer. The airbag went off. The deer's rear end pushed the driver side of the front end in far enough to force the battery into the ABS system and the ABS system into the electrical unit. (I think that's what they said.) The body of the car is perfectly fine. They've totalled the car since it would cost too much to fix the electrical problems. Justin and I are now using our legs to bike around town. Kinda fun....for now.

The deer was killed in the accident. I was able to walk away without a scratch.
Jenni - SE Ridin' BMX Chic

greg
2004 36-40 Cruiser State Champ

Postby greg » Thu May 03, 2007 12:31 am

glad to hear that your OK. Cars can be replaced, eventually.

I always make myself mentally prepared for events like deer jumping out in front of me. It's usually best to just plow them over and forget about trying to swerve or skid out of control. Doing such things at highway speeds usually end up very bad for anyone in the car as it flips and rolls to a stop.
Greg "how long does it take you to crash" prawitt

justinsbmxmom
SE Floval Flyer

Postby justinsbmxmom » Thu May 03, 2007 7:54 am

This was a moment I was grateful my car was such a gutless piece of wonder. I was going 60 trying to get it up to the speed limit. :roll:
Jenni - SE Ridin' BMX Chic

Return to “UtahBMX Hot Tub”