High gas prices.

Any topic you want. Put your suit on and enjoy the bubbles. Just don't make your own!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

High gas prices.

Postby bnd » Mon May 12, 2008 4:17 pm

I see that the cheap stuff was 3.55$ at my local station this morning! I will bet anyone that it closes in on $4 a gallon going into Memorial Day weekend. Have any of you faithful readers changed your driving habits because of this?

Last week I finally started to commute on my bike. I have an old MTB I put slicks on, a bike rack & lights front & rear. I leave my house a little after 6am & get to work without breaking a sweat in about 25 minutes. It takes me around 30 to get home hammering the whole way. I did this 3 times & hope to do it at least Mon-Thurs for the rest of the summer. I figure I'm saving $100+ a month on gas & not putting any extra wear & tear on the truck. PLUS, this is how I'm getting my ride time in now too, training for my mtb races.

Anybody else doing anything different?

b.

bubbaliciousbmxr
Queen of Sheba

Postby bubbaliciousbmxr » Mon May 19, 2008 12:57 pm

Job switches to accomodate all people in one place, oh and carpooling all the way.
Dani

jnasty
GT

Already high gas prices

Postby jnasty » Wed May 21, 2008 8:06 am

Here in powell we have been paying $4.00 a gallon on land for a while now, well $3.99, but hey whose counting right? I am! My commute to work is probably one of the shortest available, about two songs on my ipod when I ride my bike to work, and then about three minutes on the scooter.

Recently I purchased to 49cc scooters for my wife and I. A great incentive that the company I work for is if we work a month without injury, we get gas coupons, and icrease every month with continued safety. So I had them exchanged for 1 gallon coupons, and I will live off of those for about four months. With the exception of coming to town for races. I am averaging 80 miles to the gallon, and its super fun as well.

I ride my MTN bike as well, but Park Service is cracking down on my path to work, so I will have to wait til winter to hit those up.

Keep on keepin on!
DO WORK SON!

Return to “UtahBMX Hot Tub”