Clearing up rumors on the race at Virgin

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

Wild Bills BMX
Schwinn

Clearing up rumors on the race at Virgin

Postby Wild Bills BMX » Tue May 14, 2013 12:47 pm

I just wanted to clear up the rumors. I just spoke to USA BMX regarding the Virgin SQR. It is on their calendar as a state qualifying race. All riders will receive their points for state and district points. If the track does not have their proper amount of races prior to the SQR, the implications are on the track and not the rider. The rider WILL get their state and district points no matter what. Registration is from 9:00 am to 10:30 am on Saturday 5-18-13. I also spoke with Fred just now and there will not be a Friday night race. They will have the gate open Friday night if anyone wants to camp at the track.

bnd
Information Minister

Re: Clearing up rumors on the race at Virgin

Postby bnd » Tue May 14, 2013 9:17 pm

Thanks for chiming in Bill, this track is awesome & if you have never been there your in for a treat. Well worth the drive.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Fri May 17, 2013 12:17 am

this track is awesome

This track will surely leave you with a lot of awe! It is truly AWE some! Like "How the blip am I gonna hit any of this at speed?" Kind of awesome!

See you down in my hood soon!
"Push to the line!"

Wild Bills BMX
Schwinn

Postby Wild Bills BMX » Sat May 18, 2013 8:06 pm

Jason

Just maybe you should move on to Ballet Dancing and hang up your bike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the track is not good enough for you , you could always go give them a hand !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But as you have always told me you are a rider , So shut up or pick up ,

You trashed these guys but yet you still showed up to race , SHAME SHAME SHAME on you .

Asked all those kids if they had a good time and I am sure you will find a lot of happy faces !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sun May 19, 2013 8:53 am

Race report anybody?

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Mon May 20, 2013 1:28 pm

Bill,

I do want to thank you for all of your hard work making the call to the USABMX and getting the word about this race.

Also, you did a tremendous amount of work on the track. I rode it the week before, and it was in really bad shape. You did an amazing job of getting this race to happen.

Thank you!

I mentioned in my earlier post that I'd be there. I was. The track was awesome. The scene was awesome. The racing was fun!

I do have to mention, that I still can't take 3 of the obstacles on that track at full speed. I look forward to learning how. I was not complaining about the track. I'm lucky to have such a challenging track to train on.

As for ballet- I've been involved in that for years. Those dancers make bmxer look like pansies!

:)
"Push to the line!"

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Mon May 20, 2013 1:36 pm

b,

The race was awesome! Great weather and scenery! 23 motos of good racing. The track was in fantastic shape! Roger, Judd and I had total points in the old guy cruisers. They were ugly laps! I also had a total points with some fast guys from Richfield. We all gave each other the gift of State points at the end of the laps! Everyone ended up with 1st place points.

The old guy Novices had some awesome race laps! Logan Phipps and crew were tight in the corners. Look at the pictures! They even had some old schooler jump in there. There is a great picture of him boosting the last double in 2nd place in the main.

This State race is like Christmas and Wild Bill is like Santa Claus. This is the 2nd year in a row he's come down early and got the track all ready to ride! Once a year a bunch of riders from the North come ride the track down here. I only have to drive 1 hour instead of 2 to go racing!

Thank you to everyone involved in making it all happen!

See you on the track!

JS
"Push to the line!"

Return to “UtahBMX”